Spanish Translation: Municipal de Becas para Pequeñas Empresas
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound effect on our community and economy, including our small businesses. As we look to recovery and resilience, the City of Boise is committed to providing resources to those affected by the pandemic.
The City of Boise has earmarked $1.5 million from its allocated Coronavirus Relief Funds provided by the State of Idaho to create a grant program that provides financial relief to local businesses and organizations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Business Size: 100 employees or less
- Grant funds must cover expenses that:
- Are necessary expenditures due to the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Were not accounted for in the businesses’ operating budget approved as of March 17, 2020 (the date of enactment of the CARES Act)
- Were incurred beginning June 20, 2020 and end on December 30, 2020
- Eligible expenses not previously reimbursed by other federal, state, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans or insurance programs
- Grant Amount: Eligible businesses/organizations may be awarded up to a maximum of $15,000 in grant funds.
- Businesses that have received federal, state, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans or insurance programs will be eligible to receive up to $15,000 between all funding sources for eligible expenses that have not been previously reimbursed.
- Business needs to have an official EIN number.
- Business must be located within City of Boise municipal boundaries
- Business must be in good standing and not federally prohibited from receiving funds.
- Business must have a qualified business interruption or expense caused by COVID-19 related incidents or decisions, including but not limited to local closure orders, need for personal protective equipment, social distancing requirements, increased costs, disrupted supply network, etc.
- The business does not exist for the purpose of advancing partisan political activities or the business does not directly lobby federal or state officials, defined as having had a registered lobbyist at any point during 2020.
*Applications are closed due to meeting our allocated budget.
The Municipal Small Business Grant application will translate the content into the language setting on your web browser. If you have any questions or need assistance filling out the applications, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org