Per Idaho Code, any vehicle (i. e. automobile, motorcycle, boat, RV, trailer, etc.) that has been left within the limits of a highway, or upon private property without consent of the property owner for at least twenty-four hours (24) hours is an abandoned vehicle.
A vehicle is not considered abandoned if its registered owner/operator is unable to remove it from its current location and has notified law enforcement and requested assistance.
Please call 208-570-6120 with any questions or assistance you may have.
Report an Abandoned Vehicle
To report an abandoned vehicle, please provide the following information:
- A detailed description of the vehicle including the make, model, color and any distinguishing features (e. g. missing license plates, shredded tires, missing or broken windows/doors, etc.)
- The vehicle’s license plate state and number (if the vehicle has plates)
- The vehicle's location (include cross streets and nearby addresses)
- The length of time the vehicle has been parked without moving
- *Vehicles abandoned on private property with proper signage can contact a tow company and don’t need to fill out this Report an Abandoned Vehicle form.
The city has recently launched a new system that allows you to report abandoned vehicles online. First time users will need to set up an account. After you login, simply click the "Request" menu, and select "Abandoned Vehicle." We will respond to your report as soon as possible depending on other calls for service. Thank you for your patience and be assured we will get to your report.