The City of Boise’s three-day community wide celebration in honor of the Boise River Greenbelt’s 50th anniversary is coming up Sept. 19-21. Several free events are now open for registration that are designed to honor this beloved pathway and encourage community engagement, recreation and entertainment along the Greenbelt.
Thursday, Sept. 19
Kickoff Event at the Historic Egyptian Theater
- Mayor Bieter hosts an evening program that honors the Greenbelt’s past and the leaders who continue to shape its future. A reception with light food and a no-host bar will take place in the lobby from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. with the program to follow. Tickets are free and open to the public. Registration for the Egyptian event is open now.
Friday, Sept. 20
Shoreline Park Time Capsule Unveiling
- Mayor Bieter and the Boise City Council will unearth a time capsule at 10:30 a.m. that was buried on the Greenbelt’s 30th anniversary in 1999. This event will also include a bench dedication by the Capital City Kiwanis Club.
Walking and Biking Tours Along the Greenbelt
- A series of free tours will be offered on the hour from noon until 5 p.m. Registration is required and each tour will be limited to 25 people. Walking tour registration and bike tour registration is open now through the Boise City Department of Arts & History.
Saturday, Sept. 21
Boise Goes the ExtraMile Run/Walk
- Join Boise Parks and Recreation and Boise State University for a one-mile fun run/walk along the Boise River Greenbelt from the university campus to Ann Morrison Park. This free event will feature a pre-party at ExtraMile Arena (formerly Taco Bell Arena) starting at 9 a.m. The opening ceremony will start around 10:30 a.m. with running and walking heats hitting the Greenbelt in waves after. Participants will get a free t-shirt at the pre-party while supplies last. All ages and abilities are welcome! Sign-up to run or walk with us.
Party and Food Truck Rally at Ann Morrison Park
- Join us for a food truck rally, music, lawn games and a beer garden sponsored by Lost Grove Brewing in Ann Morrison Park from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. This event is free and open to the public. Greenbelt partner agencies will be on site with self-guided Greenbelt tour maps, user information and 50th anniversary items.
Evening Jazz Concert in Ann Morrison Park
- Grab a blanket and pack a picnic basket and join us on the Ann Morrison Park mall for a free outdoor jazz concert. Food and drink vendors will be onsite starting at 6 p.m. with music by the Boise State Jazz Orchestra starting around 7 p.m. This event is free and open to all ages.