Boise Police and Boise Fire responded to an apartment fire overnight. No one was injured and one apartment received fire and water damage. 1st Degree arson charges against three male adults have been routed to the Ada County Prosecutor's office for review.
What happened: Just after 1:30 am officers responded to assist Boise Fire with a fire investigation at an apartment on the 1000 block of W. Royal Blvd. A fire in a second floor apartment had filled the building with smoke and forced everyone in the complex to evacuate for about one hour. A preliminary investigation showed that three males were playing a game when they lit a firework off inside their apartment. The apartment sprinkles activated and successfully put the fire out before it spread.
Boise Police and Boise Fire would like to remind everyone of the dangers and criminal charges that can result from playing with or misusing fireworks.