Food and Beverage

All restaurants (eating/drinking establishments and vendors) must obtain a license from the City of Boise. The permit must be posted in a conspicuous place. Licenses must be renewed annually. If the Central District Health Department suspends or revokes their license, the City of Boise license will also be suspended or revoked.

Food and Beverage Application Covers

Eating and Drinking

Eating and drinking for normal restaurant operations

Sidewalk Cafe License

License to have normal restaurant operations on a sidewalk patio.

Alcohol Beverage License

License to serve alcohol at a restaurant.

New Application

The City of Boise now allows you to apply for your license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account

Once you have logged in, click "Apply > License" from the top menu. Select the applicable application from the license menu and apply.

Renew Existing License

Once you have set up your account through our online portal, contact the City Clerk's office to link your online account to your existing license. Be sure to have your existing license number available.

After logging in, select "My Records" from the Home menu. You will find your renewal in the list of your current licenses.


Message Sent Successfully!

Message Failed To Send.

Send a Message to City Clerk

Please fill out the form and a representative from the city will be in touch with you.