If you believe a parking ticket was issued in error, you can submit a parking ticket appeal. Parking Services will review your appeal and respond within 10 business days. Appeals must be made in writing and within 10 days of the issue date. The required information (see below) should be provided as part of the review; failure to provide complete information may result in your appeal being denied.
Be as specific as possible and include any information you want considered. Additional information will not be accepted after the decision has been made. Tickets not found to be issued in error will not be dismissed.
Note: If you used ParkMobile to pay, but inadvertently entered or selected the wrong license plate, please include the license plate number that was entered into the app when paying for parking.
For tickets issued within the past 10 days:
The City of Boise must receive the written appeal and any accompanying documentation within ten (10) days of the date of ticket issuance.
- Appeal ticket online
- If you cannot find your ticket in our database, use the Citation Not Found form to submit an appeal.
- Mail a letter that includes all required information to Parking Services, P.O. Box 500, Boise ID 83701
- Appeal in person at City Hall, 150 N. Capitol Blvd, Boise ID 83702
- Your name
- The parking ticket number
- License plate number(s)
- Email address
- Mailing address
- The reason you believe the ticket was issued in error
Insufficient reasons for appeals include:
- Running late
- Forgetting to properly display a valid permit
- Not seeing a sign
- Not understanding parking meters or regulations
- Failing to press the meter's “free 20 minute” button
For tickets issued within the past 11-30 days:
The appeal deadline can be extended by completing the Appeal Deadline Waiver.
If ticket was issued over 30 days ago:
Tickets older than 30 days cannot be appealed. Tickets unpaid past 60 days will be sent to collections.
You will be notified of the appeal decision in writing within ten (10) working days of receipt of the appeal.
If your appeal is approved, the ticket and fine will be excused.
If your appeal is denied, the fine is due and payable upon receipt of written notification.
Your options are to: