2202 Gekeler Lane, Boise, ID 83706
Phone: (208) 384-4033
TDD/TTY: (800) 377-3529
1912 - A new eastside firehouse is built at the intersection of McKinley and East State Street. A combination chemical/hose wagon with a five-man crew is assigned to the new firehouse.
1923 - After the city of Boise and South Boise consolidate, the eastside firehouse is relocated to Williams Street and Boise Avenue to provide protection for the residents in south Boise. A pumper and three personnel are stationed here. For many years, the space over the apparatus bay is used as a cabinet making shop for the Fire Department and other City buildings.
1927 - Firehouse #3 receives a new 500-gpm American-LaFrance pumper. All the stations now have gasoline-powered engines.
1948 - The 1927 pumper, known as "Old 13" is heavily damaged in a rollover accident on Capitol Boulevard just below the Boise Depot. "Old 13" remains in the Department to this day and is fully restored.
December 1978 - Firehouse #3 is relocated to 2022 Gekeler Lane. It is a new one-story, two-bay cinder block building. The Williams Street firehouse still stands today and is used as a small business.
1990 - Engine 3 company takes delivery of a new Seagraves 1500 gpm pumper.
2000 - Firehouse #3 is remodeled with separate bedrooms, bathrooms and a weight room. Ada County EMS medic unit #53 moves into the station.
If this is an emergency, please call 911.