Boise City Open Space and Clean Water Advisory Committee
About the Committee
In response to COVID-19, the Open Space and Clean Water Advisory Committee will meet in a hybrid-setting on an as-needed basis.
In November of 2015, a resounding majority of Boise voters approved a temporary tax to raise money to preserve open space and improve clean water in Boise. Citizens clearly indicated a strong desire to protect wildlife habitat, provide recreational opportunities, and enhance clean water for the enjoyment of future generations. As part of this initiative, a citizens advisory committee was created to provide recommendations associated with the expenditure of these funds to Boise City Mayor and Council. The Boise City Open Space and Clean Water Advisory Committee was established by the Boise City Mayor and Council to serve in an advisory capacity in each of the following ways:
- Work in collaboration with city staff and within the framework of Boise City management plans (such as the Interagency Foothills Management Plan, the Boise Open Space Reserve and Boise River Resource Management Plans and the Ridge to Rivers Master Plan) to achieve the goals provided within the Open Space and Clean Water initiative.
- Offer information and support on subjects and projects requiring specialized knowledge or experience.
- Promote, support, and build awareness of the conservation goals for Boise City.
- Promote an environment of learning and continuous improvement to ensure the program makes use of the best available tools and practices for land and water conservation.
- Work with city staff to create an annual report detailing expenditures, projects, and activities that support the city's conservation goals.
The Boise Open Space and Clean Water Advisory Committee holds a public meeting monthly (usually the first Wednesday of each month) in the Meeting Station at the Boise Depot, located at 2603 W. Eastover Terrace, Boise, ID, 83706. The meetings begin at 4 p.m. unless otherwise posted on the monthly agenda.
Properties Purchased with 2015 Open Space and Clean Water Funding
AR Boise - Stack Rock
Peace Valley Overlook
Healthwise - H2H
Pierce Park Farm Donation
Viper Investments LLC
Current levy projects to support the preservation of open space.
Project Application Package
Download the Project Application Package.
© 2022 City of Boise. All rights reserved.