Dangerous River Condition Warning is in Effect!
At this time, Boise Fire recommends that you do not recreate in the river, as these conditions can be life threatening. Keep pets leashed near the river as they may chase other animals/wildlife into the swift water and be swept away rapidly. Current river flows are right around 6,000 cubic feet per second (cfs) making river conditions extremely dangerous for people and pets. This posting will remain in effect until further notice.
The following hazards warrant the “Dangerous River Condition":
Swift water that can carry people and pets away rapidly.
- Cold water that can cause even the best swimmer to be incapable of swimming due to loss of motor control/muscle control.
- Debris in the river can injure people and contributes to extreme risk.
- High water levels create reduced clearance when going under bridges.
- Soft and unstable river banks.
- If flooding takes place it can make access to river more dangerous, if not impossible.