Proposed Code Updates
The City of Boise is proposing to repeal and replace the following City Code: Title 9, Chapter 12, Moving, Deconstruction or Demolition of Buildings
- Stakeholder Letter
- Title 9, Chapter 12, Moving, Deconstruction or Demolition of Buildings – DRAFT2 ORDINANCE
- Title 9, Chapter 12, Moving, Deconstruction or Demolition of Buildings - DRAFT ORDINANCE
- Deconstruction and Demolition Material and Waste Management Plan - Estimation Proposal
- Deconstruction and Demolition Material and Waste Management Plan - Actual Diversion Report
A summary of updates to the draft ordinance includes:
- General clean-up and formatting updates for consistency with other adopted codes.
- Additions or updates to provisions as follows:
- Added a Definitions section
- Added a Code Official section
- Added Planning Division Review/Approval language
- Updated language regarding bonds
- Updated language for Planning Division approval for storage of moved buildings
- Added language for Special Permits under the Deconstruction or Demolition section
- Added provision for recycle/reuse of some materials, with exceptions
- Added provision for a Material and Waste Management Plan
- Updated the Appeal section
- Updated the Penalties section
The City of Boise Building Code Board of Appeals has reviewed the proposed updated ordinance, recommending approval to City Council.
A copy of the draft ordinance and Material and Waste Management Plan are included. Members of your organization are encouraged to review and/or comment on the proposed ordinances.
Questions or Comments
Available communication options for any questions or comments include:
- Contact Jason Blais, Building Official, at (208) 608-7097 or through email at email@example.com.
- Written correspondence can also be mailed in addressed to Jason Blais, Building Official, Planning & Development Services, City of Boise, P.O. Box 500, Boise, ID, 83701.