Navigate Boise's Electronic Plan Review System
Step 1: Submit Application (Applicant)
Step 2: Assign Case Number (PDS Staff)
- PDS assigns a case number, invites applicant into the ePlanReview project and grants the applicant rights to upload electronic files.
Step 3: Upload Files (Applicant)
- Upload files: Applicant logs in to ePlanReview and uploads all required submittal documents.
- Submit Files: When done uploading files, applicant signs off the "Upload Confirmation" task to submit files for review.
- Reminder: We cannot begin our review until the applicant signs off on the "Upload Confirmation" task.
Step 4: Pre-Screen Review (PDS Staff)
- PDS staff performs preliminary review of application/plans for completeness. If complete, they notify the applicant of the fees due. You can review the status of your permit or application by visiting permits.cityofboise.org.
Step 5: Pay Fees (Applicant)
Plan Review Process
Step 6: Plan Review (PDS Staff)
- City staff and outside agencies begin simultaneous plan review.
Step 7: Resubmittals (Applicant)
- If plans do not pass review, the applicant is notified that corrections are needed. Tasks and assignment instructions are provided by e-mail.
- Reminder: We cannot restart our review until the applicant signs off on the "Applicant Resubmit" task.
Step 8: Download Plans (Applicant)
Applicant downloads plans after final approval.
Building Division Projects:
- Permit Required: After plan review, the project has been approved but the building permit has not been issued. The applicant/contractor is responsible for permit issuance.
- Download and Print Approved Plans: After plan review is complete, the architect/applicant must download the approved plans and documents and provide a full size copy of the approved plan set to the contractor. An approved paper plan set must be on the job site at all times during construction.
Planning Division Projects:
- The approval letter is available for download. There is a ten day appeal period. See the approval letter for details.