As the city continues its efforts to protect community health, Planning & Zoning, Historic Preservation, and Design Review hearings will be conducted virtually through teleconference software. Any applicant presenting at a virtual hearing is required to post their site using the following templates, adhering to the same guidelines as outlined below. If you have questions, contact the city planner assigned to your case.
Beginning in 2020, all applicants will be required to print, post, and maintain notice(s) of public hearings on the site(s) of proposed development. The public hearing site posting templates are easy to download and use, and they improve collaboration between applicant, community members and city staff.
All notices shall be double-sided and 11" x 17" in size, unless a 4' x 4' notice is required.
Double-sided 4' x 4' notices shall be required for:
- Comprehensive Plan Land Use Amendments
- Rezones / Annexations
- Special Exceptions
- Subdivisions (5 acres or greater)
- Conditional Use Permits (greater than 1 acre or on a gateway street)
- Planned Unit Developments (greater than 1 acre or on a gateway street)
- Use materials that can hold up to inclement weather
- For smaller notices, a yardstick is preferred
- For larger notices, concrete blocks and sturdy posts or plywood boards are preferred.
Posting, Proof and Removal
15+ days prior to the scheduled public hearing:
- Notice(s) must be placed on the premises
- Notices must be placed in the front yard on the property, out of the public right-of-way, at least 3' above the ground, and perpendicular to the street
- Two notices must be placed on lots with 1,000' or more of frontage and on all corner lots.
10 days prior to the public hearing:
- Proof of posting is required or the item will be deferred to a future hearing
- Applicants must submit a notarize statement and photo attesting to when and where the notice(s) are posted.
3 days after the public hearing
- All notice(s) must be removed.
After the city sends the applicant the legal language for the “Request” field in the template, applicants need only to update the template to highlight the:
- Relevant review board for the hearing
- Date of the hearing
- Case number
- Applicant Name
- Site Address
- a JPEG graphic of the proposed project
After saving the file with the information entered, the files can be printed at the office or at a local print shop.
Documents: Hybrid Hearing Notices
Send a Message to Planning
Thank you for your interest in the Planning division. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you.