What to Expect at a Public Meeting
There are a variety of items on the agenda; not all will be heard and discussed. If staff recommends approval of an item and there is no opposition, then the item will be placed on the consent agenda at the beginning of the hearing. All items on the consent agenda are approved with one motion and will not be discussed for the remainder of the hearing.
If you have questions about an item, please speak with the assigned planner or city staff prior to the hearing.
For other items that have opposition, the hearing will generally proceed as follows:
- REVIEW BODY calls item to the floor
- STAFF presents findings (5-10 min.)
- APPLICANT presents application (15-20 min.)
- DESIGNATED NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION presents testimony (15-20 min.)
- GENERAL PUBLIC may provide oral testimony (3 min. each)
- APPLICANT presents rebuttal (5 min.)
- REVIEW BODY discusses and renders decision
Please Note: Public testimony is time reserved for individuals to share their support or concerns, not to ask the Review Body questions.
Party of Record
Any individual who provides testimony is considered a “Party of Record,” which qualifies them to appeal any decision or condition for a project to the next level of review. Signing up without providing testimony, however, does not qualify an individual as a Party of Record.
© 2020 City of Boise. All rights reserved.
Message Sent Successfully!
Message Failed To Send.
Send a Message to Planning
Thank you for your interest in the Planning division. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you.