Curb It Compost Program
Boise has been collecting residential compostable waste since 2017. Currently, about one third of residential waste is diverted from our landfill to make compost.
- Curbside compost is collected weekly, year-round.
- View the collection schedule.
- Learn more about what can go in your compost cart, and what can't.
- Place any overflow compostable material in paper bags next to your cart. Up to 10 leaf bags per week will be collected (year round) for participating households.
- If you have had a missed compost cart pick-up, please email our service provider Republic Services or call at (208) 345-1266.
- Finished compost is available for free to participating households.
- Learn how to get free compost.
- Check compost availability at our compost pick-up sites.