The City of Boise, in partnership with Boise Police and other police jurisdictions, has additional services to assist in the disposal of various items including medication and medical supplies.
Medication and Sharps Disposal
Residents can drop off unwanted medications and outdated prescriptions at designated drop-off locations for free and safe disposal. By participating in this program, residents will protect the Boise River's water quality and reduce the potential for medication mistakes and misuse in our community.
- Accepted medications can be dropped off at any location during business hours.
- Medications should be in original containers and may be bagged.
- Liquid must remain in original containers and containers must be sealed in a plastic bag to prevent spills. Do not pour liquids into the collection bin or into a plastic bag.
- Medications must fit into the drop chute. If the container is too large, please ask at the counter for assistance.
- Business or medical office medications (e.g. veterinary offices, assisted/long-term care facilities, doctor offices)
- Chemotherapy drugs
- Needles, sharps (lancets) or syringes
- Aerosol cans
- Hair care products or cosmetics
- Urine or feces contaminated items
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Hydrogen peroxide
- IV bags or catheters
- Bodily fluids of any kind
- Empty pill containers (RX bottles should be included in Hefty Energy Bag contents.)
- Illicit drugs
- Purchase commercially available sharps container.
- With permanent marker label container, "USED HOUSEHOLD SHARPS - DO NOT RECYCLE"
- Add sharps point-first into container.
- Keep lid on at all times to prevent spills and decrease needle stick hazards.
- Fill container as much as possible with sharps. You must be able to close container lid.
- When full, cap container with lid and duct tape shut.
- Place in trash.
- Loose sharps should not be thrown in the trash.
- Used needles should not be flushed down the toilet.
- Sharps or full sharps containers should not be placed in recycling or compost carts.
Send a Message to Curb It
Please complete the form below and a member of our Curb It team will follow up with you.
Please note: If you have a question about your bill, please contact Utility Billing Services.