Beginning Monday, November 9, Boiseans will see temporary changes to some service collection schedules. Republic Services, who collects Boise’s trash, recycling and compost, is experiencing staffing shortages related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. To keep essential services operating, the following changes will begin Monday:
- Paper leaf bag collection will be reduced from a maximum of 10 bags per week to five bags per week until further notice. Those with extra paper leaf bags can take them to several area drop-off locations, and additional drop-off sites have been added. Compost carts will continue to be collected as normal.
- Residential glass cart service is suspended until Monday Nov. 30. Curbside glass recycling customers are encouraged to use glass drop-off locations or hold onto glass until service resumes.
- Large item collection is suspended until further notice. Requests that are already scheduled will be collected, but new requests will not be accepted.
Leaf Drop-Off Locations:
- Elm Grove Park, 2200 W. Irene St.
- Cassia Park, 4600 W. Camas St.
- Kristin Armstrong Municipal Park ,500 S. Walnut St.
- Joplin Road Compost Pick-up Site, 12142 Joplin Rd.
- Ada County Landfill, 10300 Seaman's Gulch Rd.
Additional Leaf Drop-Off Locations (available Monday, Nov. 9):
- Simplot Sports Complex, 2401 E. Lake Forest Dr.
- Willow Lane Park, 4623 W. Willow Lane
- Borah Park, 801 S. Aurora Dr.
- Fairmont Park, 7925 W. Northview St.