The Open Space Reserve Management Plan provides long-term management strategies for open spaces such as Camel’s Back, Hulls Gulch and Military reserves in the City of Boise. The city owns and manages 10 reserves totaling 4,000 acres.
Camel's Back Reserve
Camel's Back Reserve site is located on the back side of Camel's Back Park at 1200 W. Heron St. in Boise.
Chief Eagle Eye Reserve
Chief Eagle Eye Reserve is a 48.5-acre site in Boise's East End acquired in the 1990s.
Foothills East Reserve
Foothills East Reserve located at 1220 E. Shenandoah Dr., Boise is a 30 acre natural area containing 2 short trails.
Hawkins Range Reserve
Hawkins Range Reserve spans 400 acres of mid foothills property off Bogus Basin Road.
Hillside to Hollow Reserve
The Land Trust of the Treasure Valley (LTTV) acquired 58 acres in Harrison Hollow in 2011 with private donations.
In 2003, the City purchased the 58-acre Boyer-Satz property on bench to the north of Table Rock using Foothills Levy Funds.
The Military Reserve is approximately 726 acres reserved for several different uses located at 750 N. Mountain Cove Rd.
598 acres around Five Mile Creek above Rocky Canyon Road and below Aldape Summit were donated to the City by Allen and Billie Dee Noble in 2003.
Oregon Trail Reserve
The area features a scenic view of the Boise Front and the historic Kelton Ramp, a path forged by overland travelers heading down the rim to the Boise River located at 4500 E. Lake Forest Dr.
Polecat Gulch Reserve
Polecat Gulch Reserve was created in 2003 with the acquisition from the Blessinger family of 120 acres of undeveloped open space off Cartwright Road.