Conditional Use - Minor Expansion

A Conditional Use Permit (CUP) is required for any use that is classified as a Conditional Use in a give zoning district in the Table of Allowed Uses. CUP applications are heard by the Planning and Zoning Commission who may place specific conditions, in addition to the standard requirements of the code, to mitigate any material negative impacts to other uses in the surrounding area. Requests to reduce the minimum vehicle parking requirements for a development by more than 50 percent are also reviewed in accordance with CUP standards.

Following the approval of a CUP (see Conditional Use Permit - Initial or Major Expansion), minor modifications to the approved plans may be requested as detailed below. Minor modifications are reviewed administratively.

Minor modifications include approval to:

  • Expand an approved conditional use by less than 20 percent of the approved gross floor area or site area;
  • Reduce the project density by up to 25 percent of the total units;
  • Relocate welling units or building pads for some practical reason such as road alignment, topography, access, solar access, or stability in hillside areas;
  • Modify the phasing plan;
  • Modify the recreation area or open space design that will not eliminate or significantly reduce these areas;
  • Increase or decrease in the proposed setbacks that comply with Code standards; and
  • Modify building elevations.

Message Sent Successfully!

Message Failed To Send.

Send a Message to Planning

Thank you for your interest in the Planning division. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you. If you are inquiring about a specific project, please include the record number or project address.